Tuesday, August 16, 2011

This Independence Day .... Ben 10 Vs Bhagat Singh only on Cartoon Network





Dar All,

I still remember ..... That day ...

I was in class 4th (in Kannada Gandu Makkala Shale No 1 ಕನ್ನಡ ಗಂಡು ಮಕ್ಕಳ ಶಾಲೆ ನಂ 1 )... Next day was the Independence Day & I was supposed to read a poem written & Composed my mother Anasuya...
I memorized the entire Poem more than 20 times .... My mom explained me each & every concept .... What was Independence, who were British, who were freedom fighters.... what did British do to the freedom fighters..... First time in my life I got the feeling of Patriotism flowing in my entire body....
Next day I delivered the poem in front of the whole school … had goose bumps ….. felt straggly emotional … had tears in my eyes …. Was a strange feeling but …. Was surely a great feeling of patriotism ….
The Poem was a simple one….

ಅಮ್ಮಾ ಸಂಭ್ರಮವೇನಿದಿನಾ ......
ಹೌದು ಮಗು ಸ್ವಾತಂತ್ರ ದಿನ ......
ಆಂಗ್ಲರ ಆಳ್ವಿಕೆ ಕಳೆದ ದಿನ ......
ಭಾರತ ದೇಶಕೆ ಇದು ಸುದಿನ ......

I go through the same feeling every time I hear / say Jana Gana Mana ….. Vane Mataram …..
May be that’s the reason I joined NCC and was truly a great experience ….. I don’t know why I missed out Joining Air force or Army …..

During my NCC Days we had this NCC Anthem ….. Ham Sab Bhaaratiyan hai ….. apani manzil eak hai …… wow … what a song …… one really feels the anektha me ektha while singing it …
I also remember the Independence Day when I was reporting to the Tahasildar of my City …. When he came to receive the Salute by the NCC cadets …..

I remember every moment of that day when I was in front of the crowd of the entire city …. My cadets lined up behind me and I ….. march fasted straight to the Tahasildar and screamed like an Army Commander … “ Pachas NCC ke javan salaami ke liye haazir hai shreeman ……. The firmness & the loudness in my voice stunned my own NCC head and all other guests on the dias ….. I was full of patriotic feeling in every atom of my body ….. I got so much carried away that ….. the way I walked & delivered my order …. People thought like it was in Army itself …. My eyes become blurr but thank god I didn’t get choked ….. I could give the Salame Shastr order to the flag and took my cadets for a march fast ……

Even today the feeling of that day is still afresh in my mind ……
I feel this whenever I listen to any of the patriotic songs like , Apni Azadi ko hum har giz mita sakate nahi…. Sar katasakte hai lekin sar zuka sakte nahin, nanha munna rahi hun .. desh ka sipahi hun … bolo mere sang Jai Hind Jai Hind ….
I remember my Engineering days….. when on Aug 15 along with Gopal …. Our whole day goes in listening to the patriotic songs on radio , listening to the Border Movie cassette he had … listening to our favorite dialogue … when Sunny deol screams at Paki Army Major that Gandi naali ki paidaish, …… “ Hum hi hum hai to kya hum hai” “Jung mar ke nahi jeeti jaati …. Maar ke jeeti jaati hai”

Among all the feelings Desh Bhakti , patriotism feeling is the best I can say ….
I was wondering why goose bumps and a feeling of high during such feelings …. Here is what I could collect …

The reason for all these responses is the subconscious release of a stress hormone called adrenaline. Adrenaline, which in humans is produced in two small beanlike glands that sit atop the kidneys, not only causes the contraction of skin muscles but also influences many other body reactions. In animals, this hormone is released when the animal is cold or facing a stressful situation, preparing the animal for flight-or-fight reaction. In humans, adrenaline is often released when we feel cold or afraid, but also if we are under stress and feel strong emotions, such as anger or excitement. Other signs of adrenaline release include tears, sweaty palms, trembling hands, an increase in blood pressure, a racing heart or the feeling of 'butterflies' in the stomach.


This Independence Day was no different ….. Started with watching …. The Flag hosting by the PM at Lal Kila ….. Jana Gana Mana ….. and Army Salame Shastra followed ….

I was really shaken when my 5year son asked me to change the channel to Cartoon from the patriotic songs in DD1 ……
I decided to remind him and tell him about Gandhiji, Bhagat Singh, Subhas Chandra Bose …. Heroics … what they did …. Because of which we got freedom ……. What my son said next left me Shocked for the entire day ……

He said …… Ben10 is stronger than Bhagat Singh or Gandhi, if Chota Bheem & Ben10 were the during freedom struggle … they would have just lifted the British & thrown them into space with one Hand ……
I Think its high time for us to wake up …… before these kids start saying BEN10 name as one of the freedom fighter for India …… …. Our Culture is definitely under threat …….
Lets give our kids a story each day of our Freedom struggle, the real heros like Zansi ki rani, Shivaji, Sangolli Rayanna, Sindhoora Laxmana, Madakari Nayaka, Rana Pratap …….. there is a never ending list ….

Get their history right …… write to Cartoon Network to stop rubbish programs like Krishna VS Aliens, Krishna & Balram taking on the Terrorists …….
This isn’t Generation Gap …… If the feeling of patriotism is lost then what remains is the Adeline hormone being produced for wrong reasons & giving ever more wrong results ….
Lets Wake Up ……..

No comments:

Post a Comment